Sunday, February 25, 2007

Well well. I am really getting behind here. I plead not guilty by reason of distraction. First off there is the work thing that was really pissing me off there. I cycles so right now I'm not so pissed off at work. But a new week approaches so who's to know what comes. Second with the failure of my hard drive and the affect that has had on my computer, simple things like finding missing links and updating, ect, ect has take some of the enjoyment I get out of writing. Even my emails suffer and believe me its a two edged sword when it comes to loosing track of my emails. Friday alone I got 244 emails, of which maybe 4 were trivial in nature, like the Daily Dilbert cartoon, my isp warning me about a virus in my mail, a couple of computer tech newsletters. And Friday was a bit less than normal, end of the week and people trying to get as much done before hitting the computer. As for my computer problems well the HD failed again and it is now off to warranty land. I'm sure it'll be a month before I get it back. Still pisses me off that a drive that I've had less than 6 months has given up like that. But that's the nature of mass production in toady's economy.

Through my work I see some unique and interesting ways that a major manufacture will change a design or material in a part to cut cost of either the part or the expense of making that part. For instance stamped steel is cheaper to manufacture than a forged steel part. Plastic is far cheaper than any metal. Sometimes these cost cutting ideas are genuinely brilliant and other times they are time bombs waiting to explode, hopefully after the manufactures warranty has expired. And this idea is not just an automotive idea, its world wide and nothing new.

Well enough of reality. You got to love cable access and what it brings.












Enjoy and for the sake of you and yours, don't cook like him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok one word - E Coli LOL - thank gods I didnt eat before watching that lol - yeeesh couldnt even use a diff cutting board - *sighs* anyhow, glad to see you posting again and I did get a good laugh out of the vids tho I cringed a LOT LOL tc and ttys *HUGS*