OK its 9:18 am and I'm begrudgently installing the WoW expansion. First off after the event last night I had to reinstall the original game and what a slow pig that is. Luckily for me I had burned all my Cd's to a single DVD so no disk swapping. But the expansion at first had issues and canceled itself then it was just damned slow. I didn't spend all that cash on DVD drives that run slow. So for the past 40 minutes its been installing. Oh there it is...
Yet do I really want to jump in? I have to resubscribe and locate the world that every ones on, ect... then have to admit that I was wrong when I said I'll never play WoW again. Don't' get me wrong its not a bad game. The graphics are a nice change from what is available elsewhere, bright, clear and really not laggy at all considering the detail available. The content is good as well. So what didn't do it for me? I guess the social aspect of it. Some of the quest are not solo able and some of the creatures you have to fight you need a group to do it or wait until you are almost too high of a level to complete that quest. But dammit 7 million people can't be wrong can they? Maybe I was too quick to judge it the second time I unsub'd.
Yeah twice I did it. Both times for the same reason, socially inept James had a hard time dealing with the being alone in a world full of people. Literally. OK maybe it was both times I started I was herded into a guild by friends from other games and always felt to be the outsider. So when the guild started to fall apart, which seems to be a given that all guilds will rise and fall, James the outsider was kind of left out in the cold.
So plan for this run is to not join a guild until I find one I want to join, if at all. So the /LFG channel will be utilized, once I get over my shyness.
Side note, why does the SciFi promos for Battlestar Galactica give me the feeling that this is the last season? I remember that the original series was hoped by the producers to last 10, even 20 years, but the viewing public found it entertaining only 3 years. Could the remake also be subject to this? Its still highly captivating to me, even if Aka calls it a 'soap opera for guys'. What does she know, she's a girl. Its more like a Greek tragedy to me. Every advancement is met with a setback of near devastating effect.
OK off to Wow, the Burning Crusade.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
First off, don't even start with the blah blah blah of WoW.. I don't want to hear it! Get off your social inept ass and get some people to be your friend! lol
And yes it is a "guys soap" it has all the aspects that attract guys. No happy endings in most cases and everyone sexing everyone including the fakie humans. :P
well I can tell you watch it.
Common Aka its got all the good stuff. Questions of origin, on both the human and the machine level. Is there a God question. Which is stronger, love or friendship?
Now I've seen a few day time soaps and I have to say that those are way worse. First off they are no happy endings because as soon as one develops John from last season is lurking in the bushes to possibly seek revenge on Patricia for cheating with Rick the pool boy while John was out working, so he can pay off that fancy fake boob job that he bought for Patricia. Tomorrows episode same plot, different names.
No, the fake boob job was for Jessica the babysitter that Patricia hired so that she can screw John. Gah I thought EVERYONE knew that.
I never said I didn't watch or rather sit there in a daze as I try to figure out if there is anything else on. Actually it's not that bad, but It is a guy's soap.. Not saying it's bad, but Just saying what it is LOL
No no. It's not a soap. Its a serious drama. So more than a soap.
Plus it can't be a soap because no soap maker has ever sponsored the show.
Therefore I win.
it's a guy soap.. there for doesn't need to have a soap sponcer.. just any.
Well as for WOW, it can be quite contagious since theres a good chunk of my classmates in computer classes that do that instead o their work LOL and the concept of James being shy - hmmm *ponders*
And BSG isnt a "guys soap" - no more than Star Trek and its spinoffs - I loved the original - couldnt get into the new one since it doesnt run here :( sad for me but sometimes thats life lol
Post a Comment