OK I know I'm on a political rant here but I might was well keep it up and say what I must say. Troop Surge. I'm going to rationalize this for you from the prospect of a person that was against the invasion from the start.
OK lets sum up the situation quickly, First there is a serious lack of stabilization in that country. We have a political power that is highly corrupted at conflict with itself, add in 2 major religious sects that are doing their damnedness to kill each other and bring down the current government to establish one of their own. The security in the area sucks, you can have a perfectly safe area on one street and just around the corner, literally, you have entered a high danger zone.
To remove ourselves from that country as it stands now will, at best, create a place that we were led to believe existed 4 years ago. A land where evil was born and bred, with the end result in sending waves of marauding terrorist to attack us here at home and abroad. Or it will turn the whole region into a free for all where extremist groups will roam the land looking for anyone to gun down, much the way Beirut was for the 70's and 80's. Hell it still may be that way, just not as newsworthy as it used to be.
So the only way there is a chance in hell of stabilizing that area, calming the people and regaining control is to put more feet on the ground. I'm not happy about it but its a necessary evil. If you have a riot you bring in more forces and then you locate the leaders, the instigators of the riot. At that point its a political problem.
The solution will have to be military AND political. Not one or the other.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment